Sunday 22 July 2012

Alive.... barely.

I have been taking Melatonin as a sleep aid for the past 3 weeks to help "reset my sleep cycle." It's been great, got me to sleep fast and kept me there... However, now that I have stopped after the alloted time, I noticed I potentially dangerous side effect. I appear to need it in order to fall asleep.
I have gotten next to no sleep the past 2 nights without it and until I took it I couldn't sleep on Thursday night either.
I have been lying awake for hours, occasionally feeling sleep creep up on me but only to wake up minutes later... Which, fyi, is like agonizing torture of the cruelest and most unusual kind. I am beginning to contemplate running head first into a wall in order to knock myself unconscious.
I'm really hoping this new found dependency passes rather quickly and I can go back to my shitty (but at least still there...) sleep routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment