Thursday 17 May 2012

New Phone!

I have been looking at upgrading my phone for a while and I wasn't sure what I wanted to go with but I have finally made my decision. After a while considering my options and looking to see which would best for me. I wanted something that would be exceptionally pretty and fun to look at but also something that was a powerhouse. I did consider going with the iPhone but soon decided it wasn't what I needed because I wanted functional. There was a lot of consideration put on getting another BlackBerry, however its not video friendly. Plus the internal memory is not the most wonderful.... What I was left with was just a few phones. Battery life is not a huge concern for me, but it was important. One of the most important things in a phone for me was keyboard, I have chubby fingers and thus I need something that is going to be easy for me to use. BlackBerry has an amazing keyboard but I figured for video, pictures and apps I needed to go with a touch screen.

I was pretty much left with one option, Android OS. I know people that have really loved the platform and the OS. Android market is pretty handy and has all sorts of nifty little apps. I have heard a few things here and there about Sony's having issues.... battery life, random power offs ect. Therefore I looked at a few other brands. I came up with HTC. They have been coming out with a fuck tone of phones lately and a lot of them have been gorgeous touch screens.

After looking around at what was out on the Rogers market, I came up with the HTC Raider. It's a gorgeous HD LCD screen phone, thick and durable. The screen is 4.5 inches and the keyboard is apparently a breeze to use even without swype. I looked over the spec's and it does mention a short battery life compared to other phones, however for what I use my phone for it shouldn't be an issue. The viewing angle issues had been corrected and apparently it plays stunning videos. It was also noted by some people that the back cover tends to pop off. However I plan to put a case on it, so that shouldn't be an issue. It also has 16gb internal memory and can be expanded with a 32gb SD micro card.... Not to mention the 1.2GHz dual core processor!

I'll be picking it up saturday from a very helpful man named Derrick at the Rogers store. I'll grab some awesome pictures of it and see what you think! Now enjoy the beauty of what my new phone is....


No comments:

Post a Comment