Saturday 19 November 2011

This week for show and tell.....

So this has been an interesting week so far... I have been dealing with a lot of morons on the phones lately and trying unsuccessfully to sell toner. Unfortunately I don't seem to be having much luck. Normally I could sell ice to an Eskimo but not this month. I have been distracted with the upcoming holidays and trying to get my mind into the holiday spirit.

This time of year is always hard for me, I hate Christmas with a passion and it is very apparent. The only thing I really enjoy is spending time with my family. I love the way everyone crowds into someones house and we have the time to spend together, mingle if you will. I believe this year we are having it at my Aunts place, not a bad idea... saves my grandparents the stress of hosting and cleaning up.

In other news, I have disowned yet another friend.... I am really trying to take this "No Debbie Downers" thing seriously. He was just another to not make the cut. It didn't help that he couldn't keep him trap shut about me and keep his nose out of my business. I guess he didn't approve of my relationship with the hubby and was not above telling lies to try to get him to end it with me. So, yeah, he quickly was told where to go and how to get there, then dumped in the abyss of failed friendships. Sad though, I liked his kids well enough. Happy talkative little things, completely normal considering how the father is >.< Yes, I am aware that that was an inappropriate and likely only mildly warranted low blow, however, I am still pissed at this moment so I don't really give a shit. =)

In other news, I have been invited to my friends lovely abode in BC sometime in the new year and I am pretty sure that I am going to go. I just have to save enough for airfare and a week or two of food and what not over there and I'll hop a plane as soon as humanely possible. I have always wanted to see BC again since I first went as a child and this will be an amazing chance to see it properly and to visit one of the most amazing people I have ever had in my life. We met a totally random way and our lives intertwined even more randomly. I ended up having to use an alias to call her house! She is wonderful though, high spirited, laid back and incredibly funny and smart. Not to mention gorgeous. ^.^ She is one of the people I hold in high regard and find I could spend and immeasurable amount of time with. That is saying something.

In other news I am getting a shirt painted by Chris Cromwell and I definitely want a button as well. I need to add it to the front of my ugly, vomit green bag. It is the bag of all bags and I love it because it is just too hideous to be called a purse and can fit 1/2 of china inside it. I'll have to get a picture to show you guys... it's pretty amazing.

Anymawho.... I have started taking baby steps towards weight loss. I have started with doing yoga stretches at my desk at work and eating veggies as a snack. I have also made muffins that are probably 10x lower in fat than the ones I use to get from Timmies in the morning. OH! How can I forget, I've started eating a correctly portioned breakfast of Shreddies with no extra sugar. I am beginning to feel healthier already. Plus, 3 squares a day has the benefit of making me feel full longer. I can see now why I have been skipping something important. Guess I'll be stocking up on high fiber cereals.

But I must bid you good day as I have to get this apartment sparkling for my dinner guests tomorrow night! I hope it turns out as well as I've planned! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous friends and secret trysts? Ever more intriguing.

    ReplyDelete