Wednesday 30 November 2011

A moving tribute.

Listening to this man speak about his two loving mothers makes me feel so much pride and hope. He is a part of the generation that will soon be the vast majority of adults on this planet. A generation that, I hope, will be understanding and diverse. One that has learned not just tolerance, but has developed a natural level of curiosity to expand their minds and a heart that has evolved to be big enough to love everyone....

If you watch this and it doesn't move you, then honestly, I can't even begin to understand you... this made me so proud and I almost cried with joy. It also reminded me of my parents and what amazing people they are. I don't know if I will marry a man or a woman, but I don't really care. I know I will marry a good person. I don't believe the sex of the person you are with matters, nor do I think it matters when raising a child.

Zach Wahls, I am proud of you. I am proud of your mums. I am glad you have the courage to speak about love to what seems to be a somewhat ignorant body of politicians.

Never stop loving and never underestimate what love can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment