Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Book Sale Project

For a long time I have wanted to make a difference in my community and my workplace, it was just a matter of finding out how to contribute. When asked for suggestions in my workplace, I began thinking of ways to better both my place of employment and a worthy cause. My idea came when I found myself wanting for something new to read and upon looking in the Cyber Lounge, I was amazed at some of the books there. Self help, business relations and information on plenty of technical subjects; a self improvement fanatic’s wildest dream. It was then that I realized I could put my love of books and my drive to assist others to use by creating “The Book Sale Project.” In the following few pages I will put together a simplified version of my goals and outline ways that I hope the project can fund a good cause while bettering my fellow employees.





Plan Outline

Place “Donation Bins” in areas that both the public and stream employees can access. A place I would suggest would be by security or in the lobby.
Collect books from the bins each month and add them to the selection available in the cyber lounge. This would prevent facilities from having to make room to store them, as well as giving employees a chance to utilize them.

Every 6 months to 1 year, a book sale could be held in the lobby and all the proceeds from the books sold could go to the selected charity.
To promote our book sales we could send out mass emails to the site encouraging book donation and sales. Other than that we could rely on the word of mouth or social networking to provoke interest.

Another time that may be appropriate to hold a book sale may be during “Family Fun Day” during which time, children's books could sold easily during this event.
We could also include puzzles and other assorted items with the sale. Puzzles could be put together by employees to ensure no pieces are missing.



Suggested Projects

Junior Diabetes Research Foundation
Humane society
Community After School Programs
Local Food Banks
The Brain Injury Association of Canada
The Water Project


I would love to hear from everyone out there as to what they think could improve my idea and what could charities and projects I should be considering! If you think of anything, please leave me a comment! I can't wait to hear some opinions, and if you want to hear more about my project, please click "Follow"

No comments:

Post a Comment