Thursday 2 June 2011

Bread Baking Adventures

I have been baking today and trying some new thing... For one I made a breakfast loaf and it turned out alright, not the yummiest bread I've ever had but it was still tasty. It is a sweeter bread made with rolled oat and is much better for you than white bread. I've never been one for oat and whole wheat, but this would be the way to go. You can add in cinnamon, honey, maple syrup or anything else you like. It makes it a wonderfully customizable recipe. It can be used to suit anyone's tastes and would be great as a side dish to your morning coffee and eggs. I'm going to give it another try and make a few adjustments to it. Maybe try honey and cinnamon.


http://aforaubergine.com/2011/03/23/good-for-you-breakfast-loaf/

There is your link to the breakfast loaf, enjoy!

Then I made Amish white bread. It actually in the oven right now. The dough itself is a beautiful and silky, not to mention it turns nice and fluffy. My problem is that I put too much of it in the pan and it is getting a little too dark on the top. However it is getting nice and puffy and it apparently tastes very sweet.

I'll update you with progress in a moment, just going to check it.

It turns out that the Amish bread is amazing and the crust didn't harden too much at all. It was absolutely amazing. Very sweet and fluffy. It tastes like and overly sweet white bread, and it's lovely with a little bit of margarine. It was delectable and I will definitely be making it again! Simply a lovely recipe. Apparently it can also be used for cinnamon buns, and THAT is something I will have to try out!


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amish-White-Bread/Detail.aspx

There is a link to the Amish bread

I also made my tradition Italian crusty loaf. A perfect dinner loaf that goes really well with spaghetti and most other dishes. It's also good on its own, with a puffy, soft inside and a golden brown and crunchy exterior. I used this recipe to make sausage buns and hamburger buns. In my high rise building it only takes about 20 minutes to bake and the dough rises in about a 1/2 hour. If you are looking for a really easy recipe to start with, this is it. The dough is silky smooth and is almost a pleasure to work with. A word to the wise, use flour or cornmeal on the bottom to keep the loaf from sticking! It's my new favourite to make and once you taste it, you won't blame me!

http://cooklikeyourgrandmother.com/2008/12/how-to-make-crusty-italian-bread/

Try it... You'll love it.








No comments:

Post a Comment